Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Oh Yes, Life is Fun

As I sit here (in my recliner which thinks it's computer chair) trying to come up with what the heck to post as a sort of "get to know me" speech, I am beginning to realize that to sum up myself in one word or phrase that could possibly describe the horrors, drama, and otherwise boring facets of my life would be impossible at best. But dang if I'm not going to waste 30 minutes writing the first post of my new blog in which the only reason I created is so I could either 1: rant about what "grinds my gears" or 2: so I could bestow upon my readers the evils of what it is like to live the life of a rather normal guy in a world that is desperately trying to devour him whole. And by devour I mean suck the entirety of life and individuality out of him under the pretense of "being socially accepted". Well I for one am not going to sit back and be eaten by the antics of yet another politically correct person trying to run my life for me (hmm...maybe I should let them, only it'd be a lot less entertaining). Now I'm not the type of person that doesn't listen to a word of advise or anything like that, but i do like to have a little fun from time to time.

On a completely different note, grammar is something in which I have not been graced with the ability of being able to use. I can go on and on and on about grammar, frankly I think it hates me, and because of this fact I loathe it back, forwards, and even a little sideways. So as far as grammar and me go, we aren't friends and if for some odd reason I say something in this blog that is actually grammatically correct I completely didn't mean it and wish to apologize to the readers for actually writing something that is coherent. Curse the grammar gods, why did they have to afflict me with this plague, and how can i remove it? If somebody has the answer to this question, please send me an e-mail so I can immediately put it in to practice even though, heaven forbid that it actually makes sense to me.

If you aren't already bored of my introduction, then I have failed to waste your time and will have to come up with more creative ways in which to bore my readers as I seem to be able to bore everyone else that I come into contact with (including myself). I guess as this first post comes to an end (because I think my bed just caught on fire), I'll go grab another Mountain Dew from the fridge and perhaps a fire extinguisher and continue down the path otherwise known as my life.

*Side note: If something happens that is even remotely interesting in my walk/run through life, you can "bet your 'tater"* that i will post about it.




*bet your tater = you can bet you life on, because we all know that 'taters are the key to happiness

No comments: